Find it Fridays: Vol 1

Find It Fridays
A where's wally of seabirds

So, I thought it might be a nice idea to do this 'Find it Fridays' blog post. I thought of doing it last year, but never got around to doing it. Hopefully, this will help me to post more regularly. Basically every Friday (maybe not every Friday) for the next year (well, until I run out of photos) I will post a photo with a camouflaged/hard to see nest with eggs, chicks or maybe a species of seabird mixed amongst other species. I will post the picture and then on the next blog post (of another Find It Fridays i.e Vol 2) I will re-post the photo, identify where the egg, chick, seabird etc, is!

Over the last few weeks, we have been surveying Gull and Tern colonies. Their eggs (especially Terns) and chicks can be very camouflaged and difficult to see. Therefore, it is important you do not go walking through their colony to prevent destroying eggs and also not to disturb breeding birds. The Photo below was taken at Inishmurray within a Herring Gull colony survey. The first one is easy just to get things warmed up :-) but they will get a lot more difficult in the next few weeks. There is a clue below to help out if you need.

Again, thanks for reading.

Paul W

Difficulty Level: Easy Peasy/Head Scratcher/Wait For The Answer Next Week


Clue 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
3 Herring Gull Chicks
  

Comments

  1. Found it ... With no help... At all.. cough cough. Can't wait for next week's find it Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it 3 little chicks with little black spots? They are be the rocks. Two chicks together and one on its own. If this is easy peasy level I'm toast haha! Thank you for all of your hard work. Pretty amazing seeing what you guys do out there for the well being of the birds and the planet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S sorry for the messy comments(deleting and stuff). I've never really commented on a blog before. My apologies!

      Delete
    2. Hi Ghoshyogi87. Yes, 3 chicks in the middle where the rocks meet the soil. Yes maybe the difficulty level should have been increased to Head Scratcher :-)

      Also, do not worry about the messy comments. This is my first time reading and replying to a comment so it is also a new experience for me. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy next Fridays one.

      Delete

Post a Comment