Find it Fridays: Vol 2

Find It Fridays
A where's wally of seabirds

Vol 2

Welcome back to Find it Fridays (hopefully in the future I can start the post off with 'Welcome back due to popular demand'). Very exciting news as last weeks 'Find it Fridays' generated our first ever comments on the Ocean Ornithology blog, with two people commenting. One commenter being my partner (Thanks Áine) and another comment from someone I do not know, so it is exciting to know people are reading the blogs! 

Basically every Friday (maybe not every Friday) for the next year (well, until I run out of photos) I will post a photo with a camouflaged/hard to see nest with eggs, chicks or maybe a species of seabird mixed amongst other species. I will post the picture and then on the following blog post (of another Find It Fridays) I will re-post the photo and identify where the egg, chick, seabird etc, is! Last weeks chicks are identified below. 



Paul B and I performed a survey of terns on Tory Island, an Island off the North West of Ireland. Tory have Arctic Terns and a few Little Terns breeding on the island. Their eggs and chicks can be very camouflaged and difficult to see. Therefore, it is important you do not go walking through their colony to prevent destroying eggs and also not to disturb the breeding birds. As we were walking around their colony we came across a few nests. That is a hint for the photo below. There is a clue below to help if you need. Remember, do not give the answer away in the comments but do comment to let me know if you found it.


Again, thanks for reading.


Paul W


Difficulty Level: Easy Peasy/Head Scratcher/Wait For The Answer Next Week


Clue 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
In this photo you are looking for 2 Arctic Tern eggs

Comments

  1. Yet again, I can't find it... I would not be good at your job! I did spot a plastic bottle though... down with single use plastics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I found them, but I'm really not sure about this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you have a look at the correct whereabouts in Vol: 3? Were you correct?

      Delete

Post a Comment