Find it Fridays: Vol 6

Find It Fridays
A where's wally of seabirds

Vol 6

Back in August, I was very conscious that this blog was getting crammed full of 'Find It Fridays' posts rather than post about what we have been getting up to, fieldwork wise, or interesting topics to write about. So, I made a point to myself to post something other than 'Find It Fridays'! Well that resulted in a complete absence of blogging activity for more than 4 months. Ops. Therefore, I started back with more of these FIFs but I do intend the next blog post to be something different. I promise. 

So, this is Vol 6 of the critically acclaimed (but not yet commercially successful) Find It Fridays. As always, every Friday (maybe not every Friday) for the next year (well, until I run out of photos) I will post a photo with a camouflaged/hard to see nest with eggs, chicks or maybe a species of seabird mixed amongst other species. I will post the picture and then on the following blog post (of another Find It Fridays) I will re-post the photo and identify where the egg, chick, seabird etc, is! Last weeks eggs are identified below.


This photo below was also taken when surveying terns on Tory Island, an Island off the North West of Ireland. Now, I know what you are thinking, 'Did they survey any other species on any other island?'. Yes, 4 out of the 6 posts have been tern/tory related but they are just so suitable for this and I also came up with the idea while on this trip. But I promise the next one will be different! As I have mentioned before, their eggs and chicks really are difficult to see. And again, for this reason, it is important you do not go walking through their colony to prevent destroying eggs and also not to disturb the breeding birds. As we were walking around their colony we came across a few nests. Some eggs had already begun to hatch. Tiny Tern chicks would sit still and try blend into its surrounding to prevent being predated. That is a hint for the photo below. There is a clue below to help if you need. Remember, do not give the answer away in the comments but do comment to let me know if you found it.

Now, I confess, this one is particularly difficult to find. When I was looking through the folder of Find It Friday picture that I had saved, I came across this one and nearly deleted it because I thought there wasn't anything to find. But! I found it, therefore, now you have to try find it. Good luck :-) I am amazed I found it in the first place.

Again, thanks for reading/participating.


Paul W


Difficulty Level: Easy Peasy/Head Scratcher/Wait For The Answer Next Week 




Clue 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


In this photo, you are looking for 1 Arctic Tern chick

Comments